This section outlines some key indicators and sources of monitoring data for child poverty. It is not intended to be a guide to comprehensive needs assessment but to assist generating a local picture of child poverty.
- Download Monitoring Poverty and Social Exclusion 2011 the annual report on the state of poverty and social exclusion in the UK, from the Joseph Rowntree Foundation and the New Policy Institute.
Local Authority child poverty data
Click the button below to see child poverty data collected and displayed by Welsh Local Authority
Income and employment data
Click the button below to see slary, living wage, unemployment and children in benefit households data.
Other information compiled by the Welsh Government is also available below.
Click the button below to search banding performance, estyn inspection, exam results, pupils and finances by secondary school in Wales
- Read Measuring inequalities: Trends in mortality and life expectancy in Wales 2011 from the Public Health Wales Observatory here.
- Click here to download the 2011 Children & Young People's Wellbeing Monitor for Wales. Wellbeing indicators are reported at an all-Wales level and this second edition is beginning to put in place a series of data on children and young people’s wellbeing which can be used to track changes over time. It also includes findings from the wider evidence base and the voices of children and young people themselves. See the 2008 Monitor for previous publication of the data.
- Stats Wales has published Eradicating Child Poverty in Wales: Child Poverty Milestones and Targets Update. Go here to see the latest National Statistics on Child Poverty indicators produced by the Welsh Government released on 25 November 2010 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority. Here you can download Eradicating Child poverty in Wales: Child poverty indicators progress against the baseline November 2010. A statistical release that presents data on the 32 child poverty indicators used to monitor progress of the Child Poverty Strategy.
- Our Child Poverty Map summarises indicator 22, Children Living in Workless Households, by Local Authority area. Roll your mouse across the map to display the distribution across Wales.
- Click here to download the 2008 Children & Young People's Well being Monitor from the Welsh Government.
- View the 2011 Welsh Index of Multiple Depravation : Child Index .
- Read Latest Welsh Health Survey statistics published by the Welsh Government here.
- Secondary school data
Below is a list of other useful sources of data that can help you to monitor child poverty both locally and nationally: